The drop in Job Junction runs every Wednesday 12.45pm – 14.45pm. Here you will get help and advice on how to put together a CV and on job searching. It is run by a Telford and Wrekin Council Adult Community Learning & Employment Co-ordinator.
We have a variety of courses running throughout the year. These may be short taster courses or be 10 weeks or a complete academic year. The courses are run by Telford College of Arts & Technology, WEA and Telford and Wrekin Council’s Adult Community Learning Team.
Please call us on 01952 683 700 for the latest information.
How to Use a Computer Confidently
Park Lane Centre is a UK Online Centre and we can help you to get online and learn how to confidently use a computer. You can drop in anytime between 9am and 4.30pm to use the computers in the reception area but for you first visit its best to call us first on 01952 683700 so that we can reserve a space for you.
Starting with the basics you will learn:
- How to use a keyboard and mouse
- How to search and explore the internet
- How to keep in touch with email
- How to stay safe online
- The basics of using online public services
You can work through the courses at your own speed with help and support from Park Lane Centre staff and best of all they are FREE.
If you want to learn more then ‘Online Plus’ is for you.
- How to complete online forms
- How to find and apply for jobs online
- Shopping online
- Using Facebook and socialising online
- Understanding public services online
- Making the most of your money, and budgeting